The Life of a G.R.I.T.S.

The life of a Girl Raised In The South.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The First Day of Blogging

I know you all are wondering.... "what does she mean by G.R.I.T.S.??" Well, it is an acronym for Girls Raised In The South, and in my case it is Girl raised in the South.

I've started my weight loss journey again; at least it's only the second time, which is the final time. I am going to keep it off for life. I did so well back in 1999, losing 65 lbs. I felt great. I was a size 10-12, and everyone thought I was a size 6-8. I did, though, get down to a size 7-8, and that's when I felt the worst. I got down to that size as a result of a breakup with a man I was dating. I turned what could've been a negative reaction to the breakup into what I thought was a positive reaction: I took up power walking with 10 lb. hand weights and reduced my caloric intake too much. I lost only 5-10 lbs in one month, but lost too many inches. I look at the pics of me after that weight loss and I look horrible. My skin and hair were unhealthly, and I had no expression on my face like I did when I was a size 10-12. The pics of me when I was that size are awesome. I had great skin tone and coloring... I was glowing. My hair looked healthy and shiny, and my facial expressions were the real me. I will be that woman again, and better this time because it will be for life. I am growing older gracefully and I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home